Primary Duties:The Communications and Marketing Manager for Cookie Cart has primary responsibility for management and execution of a comprehensive communications and marketing plan that builds awareness of Cookie Cart's mission and increases active engagement among current and potential volunteers, donors and partners. Responsibilities include communication with key constituencies of Cookie Cart, including writing and project management of communications with donor and partner constituencies, public relations, web presence, social media, and brand awareness and identity. This position works collaboratively with the development team and sales manager to ensure integration of messaging and communications initiatives.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications: Develop annual communication plan and budget, directed toward enhancing external engagement with Cookie Cart's mission. Manage external communication functions of Cookie Cart with Cookie Cart constituencies.
This will include:
- Communications: Work with senior management to develop and monitor an annual communications plan that supports the goals of the Strategic Plan. Adjust plan as needed to respond to emerging opportunities and priorities.
- Awareness Building and Brand Management: Work with senior management to implement brand awareness strategies, including messaging content and brand identity platform.
- Web Presence Management: Update and maintain Cookie Cart's website, regularly freshen content, utilize social media tools to create awareness and engagement with Cookie Cart.
- Publication Production & Partner Communications: Plan and manage all print and electronic publications including the Annual Report, newsletters, social media initiatives, web content, brochures, and other materials as required. Authoring and project management of large communication efforts.
- Media & Public Relations: Serve as the primary media contact and foster relationships with media personnel to enhance Cookie Cart's image and visibility. Review all requests for interviews. Coordinate public relations efforts by producing press releases or content and develop and maintain relationships with local media outlets. Monitor Cookie Cart's presence in the media and in social media.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to improve promotions, development, marketing and communications processes. Development: Support execution of annual development plan, specifically as it relates to Fundraising events and Direct Mail. This will include:
- Individual Donors: Management and communication to individual donors, relationship maintenance.
- Fundraising Events: Planning and management of fund raising events.
- Direct Mail: Plan and manage print and electronic communications including maintenance of donor acknowledgements and correspondence, monthly donor statements, targeted mail and email campaigns
- Grants: Assist with proposal/grant preparation, including research of information, proofreading, grant packet assembly, and submission.