Manage Feed My Starving Children (FMSC)’s social media presence. Cultivate FMSC’s reputation by developing social media strategy, scheduling releases, writing content, developing metrics, and analyzing effectiveness. Consult internally on social media integration.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop social media strategy and direction. Design and align messaging around FMSC’s mission, relief efforts, meal production, marketing initiatives, and fundraising campaigns.
- Execute social media strategy by writing content and designing posts. Deploy messaging daily on platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Post periodically on Flickr, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and Tumblr.
- Create detailed content calendars with 3+ months of messaging tactics.
- Manage FMSC’s blog: write articles, recruit and train internal staff writers, and edit submissions.
- Interact daily with followers and fans. Build goodwill and trust through consistent, branded exchanges.
- Protect FMSC’s reputation by monitoring public reactions, comments, and trends.
- Develop and maintain metrics to track interactions and impressions. Analyze results and adjust messaging to enhance visibility and search engine optimization.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designers on monthly newsletters.
- Manage and prepare content for the volunteer orientation audio visual (AV) system. Coordinate with contractors and venues to arrange AV details for select FMSC events, and execute AV as assigned.
- Connect with external social media professionals and follow top influencer accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Commitment to support, promote, and authentically communicate FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in social media, marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Highly proficient with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to ascertain the priorities of a particular audience and craft persuasive and compelling content to that audience, and use sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to professionally interact with all levels of internal and external contacts and work effectively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Technically savvy with an ability to quickly and effectively research and learn new tools and techniques.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in sensitive situations.
- Self-starter; ability to work well independently; willing to work as needed outside typical work day/week.
Schedule & Details:
- Benefits-eligible, full-time, exempt (salaried) position. Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday during daytime business hours. Some evening and weekend hours required. Occasional out-of-state travel required.
- Work location is Coon Rapids, MN. Reports to the Communications Manager.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and three samples of social media or blog work for an organization or promotional/advocacy project to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Social Media Specialist” and your first and last name in the email subject line. Position is open until filled.