- Tradeshows with exhibits and special events
- 50-750 person brand-focused conferences and events
- 50-500 person custom client events
1. Manage day-to-day client relationships
2. Manage all aspects for client deliverables (internal and external) for events
- Manage site evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Manage and monitor venue contracts to avoid penalties.
- Manage all on-site activities to include, but not limited menus, entertainment, transportation, etc. (all aspects of the event).
- Manage event registration.
- Prepare and produce event materials (notebooks, signage, etc.).
- Manage audio visual planning and execution.
- Manage sponsor communication and management.
- Onsite management of event set-up and execution including décor, production, transportation, and entertainment.
4. Work in partnership and support the efforts of senior and executive-level sales leadership in the business development to include:
- Representing the business in high-level meetings to discuss strategy, client presentations
- Prepare and be able to present high-level client presentations on calls with publishers, sales staff
- Support sales specialists (staff) with significant selling materials (defined as sales support). This includes strategic development as well as managing the execution
6. Prepare accurate budgets and estimates for assigned events
7. Maintain regular event reports for department director to include financial status and overall logistical status
8. Follow Departmental Procedures and Rules for Executing Work
- Complete event files.
- Prompt review and resolution of all vendor invoices.
- Correct coding and processing of all vendor invoices.
- Complete and up-to-date reports to marketing managers and department director.
Qualified candidates should possess the following Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2-4 years related experience in event production role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing national events
- Tradeshow booth experience
- Guerilla and social media marketing experience
- Budget management, financial management and projection skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions of wide variety and complexity
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Be the go-to expert for all event-related inquiries
- Demonstrated event experience in a for-profit environment (publishing/media preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, multi-tasker, problem solver, team player
- Proven track record of developing industry relationships with clients and peers, vendors and business partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficiency using Mac Software suites preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based, new business environment
- Executive level contact with new and prospective clients
- Ability to work in multiple environments while traveling on business with little delay
- Proven ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
About Hanley Wood:
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously encourages high levels of creativity and productivity. Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package all while working within a dynamic workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers .