This person would be responsible for public relations, social media, and internal employee communications for the flexo packaging business. They will also play a significant role in communications content development. They will oversee communications to the media on a global basis working with regional Customer Marketing managers to ensure effective execution. This would include cultivating and managing collaborative working relationships with media reps, while moderating communications between the Kodak Flexo Packaging division and various media outlets. The PR / Communications manager would play a critical role in ensuring that divisional messaging is communicated accurately, appropriately and effectively and that the company image is protected and promoted in a proper, coordinated and consistent manner. The PR / Communications manager will also manage a divisional internal communications program for employees and be a key writing resource within the division.
- Proactive media outreach
- The development of story angles
- Identification of media targets for specific story angles
- Maintain media list for flexo packaging division
- Develop/enhance media relationships at key publications
- Researching, writing and editing press releases, white papers, speeches, internal communications, online communications and other related documents
- Participating in message development
- Assisting with media training for flexo packaging executives / spokespersons
- Drafting executive blogs
- Developing and executing a social media plan. Monitor social media
- Developing and executing an employee communications plan for the flexo packaging division
- Event coordination (including planning and overseeing press events)
- Tradeshow PR (media outreach, set up exec. interviews, etc.)
- Coordinating with marketing/communications team
- May handle sponsorship and other external requests
- 7+ years of experience in public relations. 10 years preferred.
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Strong relationships with print industry media outlets, specific experience with packaging segment preferred
- Experience with general business media highly desirable
- Experience in acting as a spokesperson and mediator – comfortable with 1:1 interviews and public speaking
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter etc..
- Apply Online Now