Calling all students or individuals with a marketing, communications, and/or public relations background and interest ! We are looking for motivated and energetic individuals looking to gain relevant experience in social media marketing while working with a dynamic team with our rapidly growing company. The ideal intern will be enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. The intern will perform his/her responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent to Tourbillon Alliance Partner’s mission, vision, and values.
You’ll be coming in on the ground floor and get the virtual, inside view of what a multi-million dollar start up looks like. If you are looking for a great place to GAIN EXCELLENT WORK EXPERIENCE , while also helping an amazing team of motivated professionals excel in the world of small business, come join us at Tourbillon Alliance Partners!
- Work with our social media team and our resident expert in producing content and increasing our following
- You will primarily be working with Twitter and Facebook while learning the business / strategic side of social media marketing
- Conduct research to keep blogs and posts interesting, informative and interactive
- Ensure the company presence is always kept favorable while effectively and strategically reaching out to the public
- Maintain activity in social media accounts to help us become more widely known, and spread the word about the help we provide for nonprofits and small business
- Continuously encourage other employees to be active in posting and contributing content to our various accounts
- Build our likes and followers – providing tangible evidence of our efforts and success
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who is ready to take on a new experience
- Strong desire to pay close attention to detail
- Creativity in developing new marketing and business ideas
- A passion for social media; experience, and a firm understanding of creating social media communities
- Able to respond to emails in a quick and efficient time period
- Excellent English language skills – both written and verbal
- Proficiency with technology tools including email, MS Office, Internet, and willing to learn new user friendly software and access to a computer and Internet service – tablet/laptop computer and Wi-Fi encouraged
- Able to work independently while still being a team player
- Efficient time management skills and able to attend weekly phone meetings
- Punctual, reliable, and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- A strong knowledge of Twitter is preferred – but not required
- Background/knowledge or completion of courses in marketing or social media preferred – but not required
- Preference is given to current or graduated students majoring in Business – M a rketing or related program
This internship allows great opportunity for every intern to gain beneficial work and learning experience . Each intern will be placed with a member of our senior management team, because at Tourbillon, we value team building and mentorship. Through this process, interns will improve their skills and knowledge to enhance their resume and be able to market their skills as a freelancer. Upon completion of the internship, those who displayed excellent work and capabilities will receive a superior letter of recommendation from the President and CEO of the company. Everything created by the intern (that is not confidential) will go into their professional portfolio . Our team is committed to the success of each of our interns; therefore, they are given the chance to receive guidance in exploring their professional goals throughout the course of the internship if they wish. This opportunity will give every individual the experience and confidence to lead a path to success in their future career goals.
INTERNSHIP LOCATION & TIME
This is a virtual internship ! Interns will work from home or any location that has an Internet connection and interns can start immediately! Generally our internships are 10 hours a week for 15 weeks. We can be flexible if that is needed . Our internships run all year long so you can start whenever you desire.
Internship is unpaid but the experience and opportunity is priceless . Candidates may receive school credit upon request.
Interested candidates must submit ALL of the following to apply:
- At least one writing sample (relatable work in marketing/advertising/communications are acceptable)