This position works with a multi-disciplinary Corporate Affairs service team that also includes specialists in External Communications, Government Relations, Employee Communications, Issue Management, Knowledge Management and Corporate Responsibility.
- 20%: Enterprise Direction: Develop and execute on communications plans that support individual elements of the enterprise direction and Game Plan for Success.
10%: Leadership Communications: Support existing programs to engage Cargill leaders through content development, meeting management and ongoing feedback/measurement.
20%: Appointments. Work closely with team leads to develop detailed processes, schedules and messages for communicating leadership appointments.
20%: Channel Support. Partner with team members to support logistics and execution of global town hall meetings, leadership briefings, virtual forums, etc.
10%: Communications Innovation. Identify new channels and approaches for engaging employees. Partner with our digital communications team to identify requirements for Cargill Connects and other digital communications tools that support our mission of connecting effectively with employees worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, public relations, marketing communications or related field.
- Three years experience working in a communications or related role
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Self-starter and effective problem-solver
- Strong team player in a cross-functional, global setting
- Ability to influence stakeholders, including leaders, strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking capability and business acumen
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong computer skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Sharepoint
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Ability to manage multiple projects with focus on execution and implementation
- Ability to pro-actively identify and implement process improvements
- Experience with living and/or working outside of the United States
- Experience building, publishing and managing SharePoint sites
- Experience working with large, complex organizations
- Familiarity with AP writing style
- Comfort with networking and building relationships
- Exposure to change management practices
- Knowledge and interest in social media and social collaboration tools
Apply Online Now.