eyebobs is a team of loveable optical-misfits with a singular vision (see what we did there?): to supply fashion-forward, luxury eyewear to the irreverent and slightly jaded. We live to outfit the eyes of the smart, sarcastic and style-conscious with readers, sunreaders and polarized sunglasses that express their unique personality. We’re passionate about our product and fanatical about service. eyebobs is out to change the game, one face at a time!
Social Media Specialist
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Technologist, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for the creation and execution of marketing efforts throughout eyebobs’ digital communities. Programs and projects will build awareness, traffic and engagement, market our products, acquire new customers and drive direct revenue for the brand.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, plan and develop strategies to increase engagement and conversion
- Work with marketing team and public relations firm to develop and publish content designed to spur conversation and sharing
- Develop content and manage compelling photos and creative assets that engage the current audience and earn new fans and followers.
- Create and maintain a social media calendar for short and long term efforts, ensuring that the content for social media channels is aligned with the Marketing and Sales calendar.
- Serve as brand advocate by responding to conversations about the brand and the content
- Report and channel feedback to the appropriate internal functional group
- Curate and promote user generated content
- Manage all existing social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn), eyebobs blog and establish presence in new networks when and where appropriate
- Connect with eyebobs retailers and amplify their messages to the eyebobs community
- Establish and grow relationships with key members of the community and influencers
- Moderate conversation and encourage specific topics
- Ensure that social media content and themes support and are extensions of the current seasonal theme and overall marketing campaign.
- Work with the creative team to develop social media-specific design assets and content
- Support live social media coverage when needed, including special events, partnerships and collaborations, etc
- Collaborate with internal functional areas to ensure that eyebobs’ social media campaigns and content are supporting the overall business and marketing objectives.
- Enforce guidelines/boundaries
- Stay current on social media trends, best practices and emerging technology to evangelize these concepts across the company and to improve the strategy where appropriate
- Track, report and analyze social campaigns against business goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 5+ years experience in Marketing and / or Public Relations, including 2+ years of Social Media Marketing experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their participants (Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Effective team player, project Specialist, detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently.
The following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities are required to meet the position’s expectations.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently
- A thorough understanding of social media trends with demonstrable experience in managing multiple social media channels
- Strong leadership, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and influence other departments and senior management
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong fashion, trend and retail awareness
Here at eyebobs, we take pride in the core values we’ve developed and firmly believe they drive business by creating a culture that inspires people to be their best. They are more than words – we walk the talk. Successful eyebobs team members demonstrate the following values across all aspects of their job:
- Culture of Quirkiness
- Be Responsible
- Do the Right Thing
- Team Collaboration
- High Performance
This role offers a compensation package with benefits, including medical, dental, FSA, 401k, life and disability insurance.
Candidates must email or mail a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position: Mail: eyebobs, 1401 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing and/or Public Relations: 5 years