Job duties: *
Editing and database management of God Pause, a daily email devotion written by alumni of Luther Seminary
* Formatting and posting of weekly announcements and calendar listings to Luther Seminary’s intranet
* Writing of light email and advertising copy, as needed
* Coordination of miscellaneous projects
* Some administrative and other duties, as assigned
Desired skills, knowledge and experience:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Effective editing and writing experience
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Knowledge of AP style helpful
* Familiarity with web content database management systems, Gmail and Microsoft Office helpful
* Positive attitude, willingness to learn and ability to work independently
* Knowledge of or background in faith traditions is important; knowledge of Lutheran faith and/or Revised Common Lectionary helpful
This person should come with a strong commitment to Luther Seminary’s mission to educate leaders for Christian communities. A bachelor’s degree is required ; in communication or marketing field desired
Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications and experience. Women, persons of color, and those fluent in Latin American, African, or Asian languages and cultures are encouraged to apply. Please include cover letter, current CV, and list of references with application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume, cover letter and list of references to the email provided. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1869, Luther Seminary is faithful to its mission of educating leaders for Christian communities. As one of the eight seminaries of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the seminary prepares about a third of the ELCA's pastors and a growing number of lay leaders for ministry. In addition, the seminary educates numerous ecumenical students to serve around the world. The seminary has nearly 30 faculty members and more than 600 full-time and part-time students who are being equipped to share the love of Christ. Of these students, 28 percent are from non-Lutheran faith traditions and 9 percent are from countries other than the U.S.
Luther Seminary is known for its transformative education and innovative curriculum. The seminary offers a wide variety of theological degrees ranging from the Master of Divinity to the Master of Arts in a host of concentrations including children, youth and family ministry. Advanced degrees include the Ph.D. program, the Master of Theology and the Doctor of Ministry with concentrations in congregational mission and leadership or biblical preaching. Both in-residence and distributed learning options are available for a number of degrees.
Luther Seminary is located in the Twin Cities metropolitan area of 3 million people. Nestled in the heart of the cities, it is in close proximity to the University of Minnesota, three other seminaries and numerous private colleges and universities. This provides access to diverse thought, cultures and faiths.
For more information, see www.luthersem.edu.
- Marketing and Communications: 1 year