The Director of Marketing (DOM) is responsible for the organization’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the university. The DOM is responsible for establishing and implementing strategic and tactical communication plans designed to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand. The DOM supervisions all members of the marketing team.
The Director of Marketing must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in marketing, English, journalism or other related field required, and
- Five years of experience in marketing, creative writing, product management, advertising, and/or media buying required; and
- Experience working with agencies, designers, and other vendors to develop communication in traditional and online media preferred; and
- Staff supervisory experience preferred.
The Director of Marketing must possess the following skills and attributes; proven project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects and processes simultaneously; strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills; leadership ability; resource management skills; time management; ability to work at a fast pace unsupervised; solid analytical skills; creative approach to marketing in proprietary education.
Required Work Hours
A minimum of forty hours per week, plus other hours as may be necessary to complete job duties. A combination of day, evening, and weekend hours is required.
Reporting and Supervisory Responsibilities
- The Director of Marketing reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing.
- This position supervises the Marketing Communications Manager, Director of Interactive Marketing, Marketing Specialist, Interactive Marketing Specialist, Senior Art Director, and other supervisory or office support staff as applicable.
The Director of Marketing and must be able to speak, hear, read, see, write, type, dial, reach, and bend.
Periodic travel, including airline travel and overnight stays, may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing, creative writing, product management, advertising, and/or media buying required: 5 years