Wings Financial Credit Union has an unique opportunity to lead the Brand and Product Marketing Team in one of Minnesota’s largest financial institutions as well as its largest credit union. Wings Financial Credit Union is a leader among credit unions and a top workplace in Minnesota dedicated to providing outstanding value and service to its members.
This position is full of opportunity for the right individual who is passionate about branding, advertising and product marketing, while leveraging data and analytics to drive decisions and measure performance. This position is responsible for bringing together a variety of creative and data resources to create a unified brand experience and drive awareness and use of Wings products and services in alignment with Wings strategies and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement marketing plan for the Brand/Product Marketing area
- Develop and manage budget for Brand/Product Marketing area
- Lead and develop employees in the Brand/Product Marketing area
- Maintains overall corporate brand standards/guidelines and ensures they are implemented consistently across the company internally and externally
- Leads the development, production and implementation of marketing messaging and promotional activity to drive sales and awareness of credit union products and services
- Oversees project scheduling and traffic management for the Marketing Department
- Manages day-to-day relationships with third-party service providers including designers, advertising agencies, and other third-party vendors
- Channel management (includes advertising, public relations, branches, ATM signage, print)
- Continuously evaluates processes and projects to identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Public relations activities including sponsorships, member events, partner events, annual meetings, and community events.
- Membership growth and retention efforts, including Business Development support
- Leverages data analytics to drive improved marketing performance
- Develops and maintains programs to measure and report on member satisfaction
- Researches and recommends service partners to achieve marketing department goals
- Ensure consistency of marketing message to both internal and external customers
- Provide consultative services and support to our branch offices and other departments
- Ensure staff tracks promotion results and evaluates tactics for more effective future promotions
- Ensure all marketing materials comply with regulatory policies and are produced in accordance with established credit union policies and procedures
- Prepare reports and proposals for use by credit union management
- Maintain essential files and inventory of supplies as required; coordinate the distribution of required items to employees/branches in a timely matter
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises employees in the Brand and Product Marketing Group within the Marketing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, individuals must perform the essential duties below satisfactorily. The items listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Four years of college in marketing, advertising, mass communications or related field; financial institution background beneficial; three years management experience preferred.
- Organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and organize and track projects and messaging across a variety of channels
- Ability to manage and develop others effectively; good verbal skills
- Superior writing ability (excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and word usage)
- Experience managing creative/graphic design talent and ability to ensure quality design work
- Experience with analytics and database marketing
- Experience conducting, interpreting and presenting market and product research
- Experience managing marketing programs and messaging for consumer products
- Technology skills; Proficient in several or more of the following: Windows, web browsers, mobile devices and systems, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Photo Shop
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently or occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.