College Possible has a budget of $16.5 million, 90 full-time, regular employees and more than 200 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2015-2016 school year, we will serve 22,000 students in 64 partner high schools and nearly 300 college campuses.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, College Possible currently serves students in Minnesota; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Portland, Oregon; Omaha, Nebraska; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; newly added Chicago, Illinois; and college campuses nationwide.
To learn more, please visit www.CollegePossible.org.
I. Position SummaryIn a growing nonprofit with a centralized support structure for communications, the Communication and Marketing Intern is responsible for supporting the External Relations Team at College Possible Minnesota through a period of statewide growth. The ideal candidate will be pursuing or have recently earned an undergraduate degree in Communication
, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English or a related field of study. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
II. Specific Responsibilities
- Produce marketing materials for high school and college partners, individual donors, volunteers, corporate and foundation funders, policymakers and prospective students.
- Write and copy-edit content for marketing pieces, news releases and the website using the AP style guide
- Manage media consent forms for students to ensure appropriate use of photos, videos and quotes
- Manage photography database
- Create promotional toolkits to support volunteer recruitment, student recruitment, media outreach and fundraising
- Research and develop a greater Minnesota media list and secure story placements in media outlets across the state
- Manage internal daily news clipping service and media archives library
- Research media sponsorship opportunities and strategies
- Interview greater Minnesota students and create localized student profiles for multiple audiences
- Develop a virtual College Possible presentation to be delivered via Google Hangout to audiences in greater Minnesota and book community engagement opportunities for leadership team members with local organizations and associations
- Other tasks as assigned
III. Required Skills and Experiences
- Must be available 15-20 hours per week during the spring semester.
- Must be a current college student or recent college graduate. Exceptional
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent research, writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Creativity, resiliency and commitment to excellence is important
- Skilled at managing multiple deadline tasks
- Strong interest in communications, marketing and education
- High energy, enthusiastic, with strong commitment to public service and social justice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop highly preferred.
- Photography and/or video skills a plus
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar database tool a plus
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion
IV. CompensationA stipend of $2,000 will be awarded per semester.