Position Summary: Jack Links Beef Jerky is the #1 brand of meat snacks and strives to be the market leader for product quality, innovation, brand-building and thought leadership in the shelf stable meat snacks category.
This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive media coverage for our company. As part of the marketing team, the manager will work with marketing staff, executive staff, trade marketing, government affairs, legal, customer service, human resources and our agencies to define and execute our overall public relations and corporate communications strategy.
This position will be the key information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights, and will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies, with the goal of gaining recognition in the market, promoting our brand and products, and enhancing our corporate reputation in the communities where we do business.
This person may act as the corporate spokesperson to the media and general public. Some travel is required.
Basic Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years related PR experience combining both agency and client side positions
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or Equivalent
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- CPG experience highly valued
- Proven successes in both traditional and interactive PR channels
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc., plus strong journalistic
- A strong-sense of teamwork and ability to both manage AND execute programs
- Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail environment, trade issues, promotions and research
- Sound creative judgment in evaluating promotional creative and copy
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Nielsen/IRI data
- Able to work independently and be flexible on projects in a fast paced environment
- Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Facilitate consumer relations, or the relationship between parts of the company such as the managers and employees, or different plant and office locations
- Maintain company history and archives
- Project Management - Lead and manage designated initiatives. Develop objectives,
spearhead programs across multiple groups, develop and communicate both
consumer and corporate materials, and manage related agency execution
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits
and develop and maintain relevant portions of internet and intranet web pages
- Maintain the company's corporate image and identity, including the use of logos and signage.
- Manage communications budgets
- Analyze and measure results
- Manage special events such as sponsorship of races, new product introductions, or
other activities in order to gain public attention through the media without
- Draft talking points for company executives, media training and interview management
- Evaluate advertising, promotion and new products for compatibility with public relations efforts
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with industry and consumer media representatives
- Direct activities of external agencies
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
VEVRAA Federal Contractor