Colon Cancer Coalition
SUMMARY: The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for a social media intern for winter 2015/16. The national organization, based in Edina, MN oversees the continued success of over 50 Get Your Rear in Gear run/walks and Tour de Tush bike rides nationally, promoting awareness and raising funds to fight colon cancer. We maintain a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a social media strategy for over 10 special events as well as Colon Cancer Awareness Month (March). Additional responsibilities include assisting the communications team with additional writing and website tasks.
JOB TITLE: Intern – Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Twin Cities Metro
SALARY: $150 per month stipend
TYPE: Intern / 15 hours per week
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
START DATE: Flexible, no later than the week of January 5, 2015
DURATION: Though March 31, 2015 – extension may be available.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updating Facebook information on individual city Facebook pages, includes custom event related headers as event dates turn over.
- Creating and scheduling posts to individual city Facebook pages regarding event logistics, race sponsors, vendors, and posting event-related links as needed.
- Scheduling Tweets for upcoming races, including detailed information such as registration opening, team information, registration closing, packet pick-up, and race day logistics.
- Adding Snapchat Geofilters to each event scheduled throughout the year, including mapping locations and dates.
- Researching and brainstorming “out of the box” ideas to share the message of colon cancer awareness to unreached social media audiences, including the use of hashtags, and “day of the month” post.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently, a willingness to accept a variety of tasks, and a positive attitude. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office programs as well as the top social media platforms for personal use (organization use experience a plus). Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign/Illustrator, and WordPress a plus. Journalism, marketing, public relations or communications coursework preferred and/or a career interest in non-profit organizations.
Candidate must be a self-starter with high attention to detail. Candidate should have access to transportation and a personal computer. Must be available through March 31, 2015, but extension may be available.
Academic credit can be arranged through individual college/advisor
HOW TO APPLY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume and writing samples.