To work as a business liaison between Karwoski & Courage, the Client, and as appropriate, other Martin/Williams, Inc. Operating Units in managing day-to-day account activities. The incumbent will be responsible for working with the agency’s Clients, translating public relations programs from plan to action. Incumbent also will work with account supervisors and the managing director in strategic planning. Incumbent will ensure high quality agency relations with the editorial community and Karwoski & Courage Clients. Incumbent also will manage Client expectations, budgets, and day-to-day Client contact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as daily liaison between agency and Client.
- Serve as primary and/or secondary media relations contact.
- Develop a variety of public relations support materials.
- Implement tactical execution of overall public relations plans.
- Document and distribute reports for project team and Clients in order to track performance and project objectives. Issue contact reports and Client service reports as needed.
- Manage the account budgeting process by estimating and tracking expenditures. Communicate deviations to Clients and account team as needed.
- Manage the monthly billing and financial reports by logging invoices and tracking expenses and distribute to Client as needed.
- Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of Client business. This involves understanding the Client's products, market, distribution, trends, organization history, and internal organizational dynamics and challenges.
- Accurately interpret and articulate Client needs.
- Maintain current, in-depth knowledge of work in progress for all assigned accounts.
- Assess all marketing tools that are available and relative to the Clients business and effectively apply them as appropriate.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned from time to time to meet the changing needs of Karwoski & Courage.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related area of study.
- Two to four years of agency experience in public relations, media relations, marketing, or related marketing and communications experience on the Client side.
- Master's in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications a plus.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and experience in newswriting and pitching stories to news media.
- Working knowledge and experience with all facets of social media.
- Thorough working knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Solid media placement track record.
- Excellent writing and Client management skills.
- Knowledge and successful experience in sourcing and managing outside vendors.
- Ability to organize and manage complex, multifaceted projects and programs.
- Ability to quickly learn a new business and markets and to develop a thorough understanding of them.
- Ability to make confident, clear, and persuasive presentations, both in writing and in person. Good selling skills.
- Ability to manage day-to-day account service duties without general supervision; to represent the agency without any supervision at times.
- Ability to understand and implement the strategic marketing and communications planning process.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain a proactive rapport with Client personnel.
- Ability to handle details with accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively with agency personnel and provide "back-up" assistance to account team as needed.
- Word processing skills.
- Self starter with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial ability to expand an existing business.
- Portray a service-driven and Client focused attitude.
- Demonstrated creativity in public relations planning and execution.
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must meet the minimum hiring specifications for the position and be capable of performing the essential functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation