Follow Koch Industries on LinkedIn
Who are we? Watch to find out! WE ARE KOCH
The communication and community relations specialist will work directly with Flint Hills Resources, LP and Koch Pipeline Company, L.P., spending about 65% of his/her time on internal and business communication projects and 35% on community relations for regional sites. This position will be based out of the Twin Cities.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Develop and execute internal and external communication and community relations programs to support company initiatives.
- Develop and disseminate news, internal and external newsletters, web content and advertising.
- Develop incident response and crisis management communication strategies.
- Establish relationships with reporters and editors.
- Establish and maintain the means to evaluate opportunities and challenges for regional sites.
- Establish strong relationships with community members, philanthropic organizations, and elected officials.
- Coordinate issues and activities with legal, government affairs and corporate communications.
- Maintain and help manage social media presence by keeping current with new social media trends and incorporating them into the ongoing program as appropriate
- Manage external vendors as needed
A successful will have the following characteristics:
- Excellent writing, editing and general communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to multi-task
- 2+ years of public relations experience
- Knowledge and experience with communication strategies and programs
- Previous experience utilizing social media platforms for a company or organization which includes Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience with community organizations
- Experience with news media
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree with journalism, communication or public relations concentration
- Experience with utilities, pipelines, or the manufacturing industry
- Experience working in public relations, community relations or with a public affairs firm
- Experience working with public officials
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Why work for Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Access to professional training and mentoring
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions rather than seniority
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, grain processing and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested approximately $65 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 930 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit www.kochnews.com.
The businesses’ popular consumer brands include Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Dixie® tabletop products, LYCRA® fiber, STAINMASTER® carpet and more.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf