HOURLY: 15-20 HOURS PER WEEK
The Edina Chamber of Commerce is a 330-member civic and business organization with strong ties to the Edina Schools and the City of Edina, as well as to Explore Edina, the city’s visitor’s bureau. We are a not-for-profit organization committed to helping Edina businesses survive and thrive.
The purpose of this position is to manage the brand and reputation of the Chamber through our formal and informal communications. This role is essential in informing and engaging members and perspective members of the Chamber by publicizing information, activities and events through email, the Chamber website and social media channels. Ours is an active, vibrant Chamber in a progressive community and we look forward to adding the right person to our team to drive our communication efforts. We need an experienced professional with an eye to accuracy, social media savvy, and creative communications flair. We offer the ability to further build your communications career through hands-on experience in a vibrant, growing organization.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for copy, layout and design and proofreading of all Chamber communications, including special events promotions and programs.
- Develop and compile news and information from Chamber staff and community resources
- Create and distribute weekly emails and monthly newsletter using Constant Contact.
- Schedule and distribute weekly Chamber ad via Constant Contact
- Advertise chamber member discounts and events.
- Send event reminder emails.
- Update Chamber website on a weekly basis (or daily if necessary) using SmartCMS and ChamberMaster software program. This includes visually appealing photographs, articles and event activity.
- Maintain calendar of events on the website using the events module on ChamberMaster software.
- Layout and design of the weekly Chamber Corner ad for Sun Current newspaper.
- Generate and update current Chamber marketing and communications pieces using InDesign and Illustrator software.
- Create or edit Chamber-related logos and other branding materials
- Assist staff in promoting Chamber activities, news and opportunities through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- College degree or in the process of degree completion, OR 3-5 years’ experience working in a professional communications capacity
- One year experience in professional communications, marketing communications, or a substantial communications internship in a related field.
- Must have expert computer literacy and social media skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, LinkedIn, Facebook, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop). Must be able to show a portfolio of work in the social media arena.
- Must have a strong proficiency in the use of social media applications including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience in event and campaign publicity is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and a quick learner.
- Eye toward creative design.
- Self-motivated with little need of supervision
- Energetic and positive "can do" attitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Possession of current Minnesota State driver’s license.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2016
The Edina Chamber of Commerce retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Job Type: Part-time
- Communications, marketing: 1 year