The Minnesota Lynx Marketing Specialist will serve as the primary day-to-day contact for all Lynx marketing and promotional functions. This individual is responsible for execution of game night initiatives and event marketing plans to increased revenue.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Work with the Director of Marketing and advertising and media agencies to research the market, evaluate market dynamics, identify targeted segments, utilize standard marketing principles, track consumer behavior, and consult with teams around the league on best practices.
- Utilize league and team generated research to enhance marketing efficiencies.
- Work with Timberwolves and Lynx sales and corporate partnerships departments to develop promotional plans for all ticket packages (groups, season memberships, etc.), and partnership activations.
- Develop and maintain a system to track expenditures and rate of return on all promotions.
- Assist other departments with all event planning and execution of Lynx events, including Lynx Draft Party, member events, etc.
- Work closely with analytics department, public relations, creative services and digital media department to streamline all Lynx communications and coordinate collateral requests.
- Lead internal communication efforts across departments to maximize Lynx marketing opportunities.
- Act as liaison between Lynx and AEG, DNC, and Adidas Lynx Pro Shop to coordinate and meet all game night needs.
- Responsible for Timberwolves and Lynx Kids Club launch and implementation.
- Assist the Minnesota Timberwolves marketing department with day-to-day responsibilities, marketing functions, promotions, and events as needed.
- Work with Director of Marketing to create, manage and operate within the department budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage all processes and tasks in the department.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Events, or similar field is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff will Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events, and may work Timberwolves home games. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position will require some travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
2. Please list your salary range preference.