Are you concerned about the growing cultural darkness in the State of Minnesota and in our nation ?
Would you like to be an integral part of an organization that is committed to “turning the lights back on” in Minnesota?
Minnesota Family Council (MFC) is a non-partisan, grassroots, Christian organization founded in 1983 to educate Christians about how to advance the principles of religious liberty, that life should be cherished at all stages and that God’s design for marriage and family should be honored and lived out.
MFC is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Communications Director to develop a comprehensive communications strategy and to conceptualize, serve as the key writer and manage all communications including social media (website, Facebook and Twitter), press releases, editorials, letters to the editor, electronic publications, appeals letters, brochures, targeted messaging and to build and maintain productive relationships with local media.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a communications-related field.
- Minimum 5 to 6 years of experience in the field of communications. Experience messaging and working with media in the political arena is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to develop succinct messaging points.
- Excellent relationship building skills especially with media and community leaders preferred.
- Understanding of how to communicate MFC’s message through a broad range of outlets including social media (website, Facebook and Twitter), print and broadcast media, direct mail, email and video.
- Experience planning/executing social media campaigns and video production preferred.
- Understand market demographics and able to communicate effectively with Millennials.
- Self-starter, motivated daily by communicating MFC’s vision.
- Adept at speaking; able to winsomely and compellingly present MFC’s vision and mission.
- Well-organized, able to operate on a schedule, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects including other staff, volunteers and freelancers simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, remaining flexible with ever changing priorities.
- Thrive in and enjoy working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced work environment; able to get things done, highly efficient, cool under pressure.
- Team spirit that builds unity and exhibits an outgoing, friendly, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint or equivalent and a CRM database.
- Biblically grounded Christian, currently a member or pursuing membership in a local church.
- Demonstrated commitment to MFC’s mission and position on core issues. Agreement with and adherence to MFC’s Statement of Faith, Policy on Employee Moral Behavior and Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential data; trustworthy and responsible.
- A listener with a high level of discernment and wisdom, tactful and diplomatic, building consensus rather than emphasizing differences; maintain a high level of professionalism and Christ-likeness.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to live in metropolitan Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communications related field: 5 years