** Local Candidates preferred. Agency and B2B experience mandatory. No recruiters. **
SCHERMER, one of the leading B2B agencies in the country, and a MN Business Magazine Top 100 Company to Work For, is looking for a Vice President / Creative Director to lead our creative/UX team, help guide the vision of the agency, and lead branding, demand gen and digital initiatives for clients such as Honeywell, Eaton, 3M, Cargill, Piper Jaffray, Children's MN, Element Financial Corp, and General Mills Foodservice.
The VP/CD is part of the executive leadership team, responsible for the creative vision and output of SCHERMER, with oversight of the creative team and creative processes; the ideation, presentation and execution of client branding and marcom campaigns; the profitability and creative quality of client projects, and the operational readiness of the creative team.
Responsible for strategic planning, budgeting, estimation and implementation of creative assignments; new business pitches; creative presentations; overseeing intern program; interviewing potential candidates; training; Assist in customer research and learning, competitive audits, concept testing and focus groups. Conceptualize and execute award winning, strategic and highly effective branding, content, campaigns and experiences that drive a high return on investment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creatively direct and execute branding initiatives, integrated campaigns, product launches, and digital experiences for business-to-business, business-to-government and business-to-consumer clients.
- Collaborating and contributing to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the agency leadership team
- Lead the creative function so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of Schermer.
- Deliver functional expertise in B2B communications best practices and elements
- Ensure that the creative function operates in an efficient, profitable manner
- Ensure that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of our national competition
- Envision + deliver strategic solutions that help clients attain their marketing and communications objectives
- Translate client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, messages, content and experiences
- Write and present rationales for new business pitches, SOWs, and campaign strategies
- Lead the planning/concept/design process of brand identity, messaging and content marketing, websites and landing pages, interactive/web/video/motion graphics
- Ensuring the professional development and readiness of the creative team, including mentoring and coaching, development planning and oversight, reviews and evaluations
- Managing the evolution of the agency’s digital marketing capabilities, including integrating marketing technologies and digital marketing capabilities into the creative process and product.
- Work collaboratively with agency leadership, participate in company strategizing, and make recommendations for changes to the creative function to meet market changes, competitive threats or to support strategic plans
- Work collaboratively with agency account and operations leaders to scope, estimate and reconcile projects.
- Understand Schermer's strategic goals and brand; analyze the creative team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and build and direct a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals.
- Make decisions on a daily basis that ensure both profitability and creative quality
- Set expectations and standards (build a culture) for team attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development based on our tenants of excellence, diligence, and service to others.
- Direct the activities and professional development of creative team members, including conducting staff reviews, taking corrective actions and recommending promotions
- Study the creative marketplace, assessing where Schermer's work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work.
- Drive constant improvement in Schermer's creative and UX design process and capabilities.
- With the account lead(s), assure that internal and client presentations are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale
- Assure that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the partners, account team and clients
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and branding efforts for new business development
- This is a business management position where we expect to have someone in place for years. So if building your book is the goal, please save yourself the time and trouble of applying.
- As such, we want you to have 12+ years experience working in a marketing communications / digital marketing agency, plus 2+ years of agency leadership / department management experience
- Demonstraable and distinguished B2B marketing communications expertise, expecially in the areas of branding, UX design, demand gen campaigns and content marketing
- Local candidates are preferred. We will only consider out of town you are at another national top-tier B2B agency.
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover Letter
3. Salary Requirements
3. Salary Requirements