Stemming from the demand for high quality senior rental apartments, The Waters Senior Living was
conceived in 2003. Since its first community opened in 2013, The Waters has developed or acquired
more than $140M in assets, and has quickly set the standard for both quality in development, and proficiency in management. The Waters is an established, innovative company looking for ambitious, energetic, and highly motivated people who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to join in our mission: To Create Communities that THRIVE.
The Intern will help to improve The Waters’ reputation, brand, and business. You will have an impact on the way our company resonates with residents, prospects, investors, and team members.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will work with team leaders to develop strategy, write engaging copy, and manage events and projects. Candidates applying for this internship should be dedicated, hard-working, and well-versed in basic marketing and communication strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare reports from collected marketing data
• Conduct competitor analysis
• Assist with strategic communications planning
• Stay abreast of industry trends and current events
• Edit and proofread company material
• Update website using WordPress
• Research and analyze competition
• Implement marketing plans, including campaign strategies
• Discover strategic business opportunities through cross-function collaboration with sales, HR, etc.
• Provide support in order to establish proper channels of information and communication
• Collaborate with management for branding, advertising, and promotional collateral
• Partner with management on projects dealing with media relations and business communications
• Help with administrative work as necessary
• Must have an interest in Senior Living and/or healthcare companies
- Full or part-time student in business or communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word especially Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Independent thinker – comfortable making decision based on information available
- Comfortable with social media and digital media
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments