To assist the Development Department with the overall implementation of
the Twin Cities Walk to End Alzheimer’s for the Alzheimer’s Association,
Minnesota-North Dakota. This position must be willing to work for
approximately 12 to 20 hours per week during the summer. This internship
will include aspects of event planning, including: logistics, marketing
and promotion, volunteer engagement, team captain and walker
stewardship, and implementation on Walk day.
1. Strong organizational skills
2. Ability to work independently
3. Good interpersonal communication skills
4. Motivated and resourceful
6. Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
7. Ability to relate to individuals of all socio-economic backgrounds
8. Must have applicable coursework.
Individual will need or develop:
1. Possess excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
2. Familiarity with Association and community disease-related
resources, programs and events, plus a basic/comfortable level of
knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias.
3. Must have basic computer skills.
Individual may perform and gain experience in the following activities:
1. Special events coordination
2. Volunteer engagement
3. Committee meeting management
5. Public relations
6. Media relations
7. Public speaking engagements
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with known disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed. The volunteer may be asked to follow other
instructions or perform other duties as requested.
Physical Activity: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities
Reasoning: Follow verbal instructions and carry out assigned tasks
Language & Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to communicate the mission and objectives of the
association (both verbally and in writing) in a variety of community
2. Must be able to speak and write English in an understandable manner
3. Must be able to read English
4. Must be able to see and hear adequately to fulfill requirements of position
5. Works in a variety of community settings
6. May have high volume of public contact
7. Willingness and ability to travel with personal vehicle to event