The Communications Manager will lead communications planning and execution for Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group (ENRGI).
The manager reports to the Director, Communications for Caribou Coffee and ENRGI, to develop, implement and measure short and long-term communications plans to meet business, culture and brand objectives. The manager will lead cross-functionally to ensure flawless execution.
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT/COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING
- Develop and execute specific communication plans to support Caribou Coffee and ENRGI business strategies including: core business performance/market share increase, integrated business goals (including co-brand), international growth and culture objectives.
- Create and implement new ways to deliver an extraordinary guest and team member experience through strategic communications.
- Partner with Director of Communications and Caribou/ENRGI training team to project manage and implement a new intranet solution including: sun-setting current SharePoint intranet, leading site-gurus on content migration of old to new site, development of new intranet, content strategy and content governance.
- Research and recommend dynamic channels (including internal social media and video messaging) that promote two-way conversations, increase interactions between leaders and team members and improve engagement.
- Reinforce and celebrate Caribou Coffee and ENRGI core values and culture through internal (digital and meetings) and external (events/media) storytelling.
- Write and edit messages for key publications and culture programs including Weekly Perk | Do Good Report | Internally Created Promotional Materials I External Awards | Dreams Program | Caribou Cares | Benefits | Rewards and Recognition | ODD.
- Client and project management of communication plans.
- Increase the level of employee engagement at Caribou Coffee and ENRGI.
- Create tools to track the number and types of messages sent, timing of messages, channel effectiveness and appeal and audience satisfaction with content.
- Track the effectiveness of communication campaigns, leadership messages and digital content through surveys and digital analytic tools.
- Partner with Director, Communications on execution of crisis strategy and Public Relations Manager on execution of internal and external crisis messaging.
- Manage the strategic execution of external/internal message processes for the Crisis Recall manual. Attend quarterly drills and partner with Ops/Marketing on process/template updates.
- Proven track record in developing communication strategies and plans.
- Ability to make decisions and influence cross-functionally.
- Exceptional strategic and tactical ability combined with strong relationship/client management skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Up to 25 % travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, public relations, communications, marketing or related discipline required.
- 5+ years of experience in communication planning and development, writing, relationship building and project management in a corporate environment required.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint required.
- Restaurant or retail experience preferred.
- Direct experience with utilization of one or more internal social media tools preferred.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Job number: 477496
Category: Support Center
Location: MN, Minneapolis, 3900 Lakebreeze Ave N