Hospitality Minnesota is a coalition of three associations: Minnesota
Restaurant Association, Minnesota Lodging Association, Minnesota Resorts
& Campgrounds Association. Hospitality Minnesota serves as the
voice of the hospitality industry representing over 2000 businesses.
Each association has its own governing board and mission but benefit
from a combined staff team to execute the strategic goals.
The Membership Marketing Specialist supports the membership needs of
Hospitality Minnesota and the coalition of Associations. This role
maintains accurate data records as well as creates marketing materials
to increase and support membership. This role provides excellent
customer service to members.
1. Work with the Membership Director and Marketing & Communications
Manager in the development of membership prospecting materials.
2. Responsible for knowledge of operations and trends for restaurants,
hotels, resort and campgrounds to convey true value for prospective
3. Create marketing materials based on current legislative issues, the
positions of the Associations and efforts we are undertaking to achieve
4. Promote educational opportunities to prospects.
5. Responsible for knowledge of association benefits programs and tasked
with promoting these association programs as part of the membership
6. Contact prospective members to update records.
7. Maintain member data in association database
8. Maintain and develop online member resource library
9. Updates records using weekly lead reports and other publications as assigned.
10. Assists in developing and setting up trade show booths, premarketing shows to prospects and attending shows as requested.
11. Contributes to idea generation for attracting new members.
12. Utilize social media per the marketing plan.
13. Assist with member surveys, data collection and reporting
14. Maintain current consumer websites and assist members with listings and promoting of upgrades to their listings.
15. Coordinate annual production of member printed directory
16. Assist with production of other printed member resources
17. Coordinate and execute membership mailings
18. Be cross trained on producing and sending member update emails
19. Be cross trained on producing event invitations and materials
20. Other duties as assigned.