PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Sitting – frequently, 50% of time spent on computers, phones and filing systems
• Walking – frequently, 50% of time
• Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard) - frequently, 80% of time
• Reach at or below shoulder level - frequently, 80% of time
• Stand and move - frequently, 70% of time
• Stoop and squat - frequently, 60%
• Lifting/carry up to 20 pounds – occasionally, 30% of time
• Kneel and bend - occasionally, 30% of time
• Reach at or above shoulder level – occasionally, 30% of time
To plan, source, implement and execute community/non-profit events at
Mall of America and Nickelodeon Universe to increase community support,
involvement and exposure resulting in increased sales, traffic. To
ensure guests of MOA and Nickelodeon Universe have a positive shopping
and entertainment experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and manage various annual events and activations as assigned by the Community Relations Senior Manager.
• Engage employees in Community Relations initiatives
• Serve as a liaison between all MOA departments to ensure communication of community/non-profit events.
• Assist Senior Manager with the responsibilities of the Community
Relations Department- including but not limited to: researching and
identifying key signature community organizations & events to bring
to Mall of America, processing donation requests.
• Provide creative ideas to make events unique and attractive to potential guests.
• Maintain the organization of the department including
• Photo archives, video archives of Community Events
• Office forms, Promotional Events Handbook, CADs
• Event storage rooms and event equipment inventory.
• Serve as community relations representative on one or more of the
following committees: website, digital media, e-marketing committees,
social media or MOA Blog.
• Answer guest questions and provide assistance when needed.
• Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the facility.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• BA or BS degree with emphasis in Marketing or Business Management
• 2-4 years of experience in events management and coordination in the Non-Profit Industry.
• Strong organization and written skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills required.
• Knowledge of building codes, fire and health regulations.
• Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, e-mail, and social media apps
• Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends, early am, evenings and holidays.