Hillcrest Media is a book publishing company seeking a digital marketing specialist/web content writer. It’s a hybrid of a job combining design skills and writing chops. If you’re out there, we can’t wait to meet you.
If you are creative, organized, detail-oriented, have the ability to mock up website pages (using Photoshop, Canva.com, or any other tool), and can make the mundane seem amazing, this is the job for you. And if you’re looking to join a collaborative group with a lot of opportunity for advancement, this is the company for you.
- Create website design mock-ups. (Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS are a HUGE plus. Our in-house developers will do the heavy lifting.) If you’ve created WordPress, Wix, or Squarespace sites, this should be in your wheelhouse.
- Collaborate with staff to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Write engaging and amplifiable web content for our various brands (Published.com, MillCityPress.net, and BookPrinting.com)
- Work closely with our IT team, content writers, social media specialist, and operations staff to execute digital media projects
- Use strong analytical ability to evaluate customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Brainstorm new and creative ways to engage with our authors and potential authors
- Work with the marketing team on creative development for advertising and promotions, email marketing, and other duties related to integrated marketing strategies
- Knowledge of SEO, email marketing, and/or Google Adwords would be fantastic, but is not required
- 1-2+ years of professional experience in digital marketing, content writing, and web design. The 27 other members of our staff will teach you everything you need to know about book publishing.
- Ability to write amplifiable content across various mediums: website content and social media
- Proficiency with Photoshop, experience making web-specific materials (1+ yrs’ experience)
- Be the person at your former job that everyone wanted to work with
How to Apply (please follow the instructions exactly):
- Submit a cover letter that starts with the following: “The coolest thing I’ve ever written (or designed) professionally is__________.” (Describe and provide samples/links.)
- In the second paragraph, describe your content writing and design experience. Provide relevant links to writing samples and design work you’ve created for a job or internship.
- In the third paragraph, tell us how you came to be this unicorn who can both design and write.
- In the final paragraph, write anything you want that shows us how creative you are.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN
- Professional experience in digital marketing, web content writing and/or basic web design: 2 years