At Medica, you'll enjoy working with talented people who share a mission to meet our customers' needs.
Medica will support you through your personal growth and involvement in the community.
Medica provides resources that allow you to take charge of your health and career.
Public Policy Internship - 16089
What you will get to do:
The Public Policy Intern will gain experience and exposure to Medica’s approach to government relations and public policy. Much of the intern’s work will be dedicated to a project intended to increase legislators’ knowledge and expertise in health plan operations, finance, and community outreach. This work will include interaction with senior Medica staff, legislators, and the public policy team.
The intern will work with the Public Policy and Government Relations team to identify expected issues for the 2017 legislative session and conduct research that will help the team’s advocacy efforts.
Other projects will include organization of the team’s electronic filing system and general exposure to internal and external advocacy activities.
Intern is required to accurately track work time based on project and / or daily work activities.
- Actively pursuing undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required
- Major: political science, general studies
- Junior or senior status preferred
- The candidate must have passion for public policy and the political process
- Ideal candidates will have a background in the state or federal legislative process, or extensive study of advanced civics.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective project management abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to assimilate information from various sources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint