Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with account teams to identify public relations and community relations opportunities from client marketing and communications plans
- Develops key messages for identified target audiences based on client marketing and communications goals
- Plans and manages special events for clients, such as community events, trade show activities, media events, field days, etc.
- Conducts secondary research on issues important to client’s marketing and communications environments
- Writes in all formats – news releases, feature stories, testimonials, media pitches, online, PowerPoint presentations
- Develops and manages relationships with media important to clients’ business
- Assists client teams in development and implementation of social media strategies
- As assigned, works with creative teams on concepting and development of collateral, video, exhibits and other client communication tools
- As assigned, provides business management support to client teams, e.g. management of specific public relations projects; writing action reports on assigned projects; development of timelines and budgets, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Team player with a positive, energetic attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals from all areas of the industry
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS Office
Education and Experience:
- College degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, agricultural business or related field
- Skilled communicator with excellent writing skills
- Proven experience in media relations, issues management and community relations
- 2-5 years solid public relations and communications experience
- Comprehensive understanding of agriculture.