Leads, plans and directs assigned categories within the RLC Riding Products Group.
Responsibilities include development of appropriate objectives,
strategies and tactics to ensure the optimal performance of the
category. Scope may include products, services, communications,
promotion, pricing, programs, channel delivery and P&L management.
Leads and directs category cross-functional teams towards the achievement of category financial and marketing objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recommend and develop, with support of other key
division departments, plans and projects for the development and
introduction of innovative Toro branded new/improved products and
• Initiate market and/or customer research activities to
understand customer requirements, market needs, measure Toro market
share and test new products and services.
• Be the primary advocate for the customer / end user.
Establish and maintain an effective method to determine customer
satisfaction on new and/or current products and ensure timely corrective
actions occur where appropriate.
• Develop short and long-term
product pricing and promotional strategies and recommend specific fiscal
year whole goods/accessory pricing and merchandising strategies.
• Track market reaction/acceptance and effectiveness of marketing programs, policies and recommend timely actions or changes.
• Assure the timely and effective introduction/merchandising of new and current products
Prepare and launch of marketing guides, key customer proposals,
bulletins, literature and other communications regarding product,
promotion, advertising, public relations.
• Provide Toro’s channel
partners with appropriate product and program training and work closely
with Toro’s key customers and industry partners to build relationships
and enhance the Toro brand.
Establish Goals, Strategies and Business Planning:
• Develop and
execute annual business category plans achieving financial, sales,
share, inventory, warranty and other measurement targets.
• Develop and execute long range business and product plans
• Recommend and establish appropriate policies to deal with major issues or reoccurring problems.
• Ensure clear communication of objectives and strategies through all departments, divisions and supporting functions.
Investigate, assess and recommend new business and product
opportunities as well as cost reduction/avoidance on current products,
services or programs.
Secure the Necessary Resources and Meet Approved Plans:
• Effectively present recommended objectives, strategies, action plans and business policies to division management team.
• Obtain timely approval for necessary projects, staff, equipment and budget needs and/or changes.
• Effectively manage the business within the approved budgets
• Category Gross Sales $80-$100M
• Markets: US and Canada
• Collaborative product category strategy and tactics for multiple platforms and/or brands
• Multiple channel strategies and tactics for dealer and/or distributor channel and/or mass
• Category promotions strategy and tactics
• B.S.Degree in Marketing related discipline with at least 5+
years marketing or MBA with at least 3 years experience in consumer,
whole-goods mid-price/premium products.
• At least 2 years successful experience in managing new product development efforts.
• Must possess strong analytical skills and demonstrated
interpersonal, supervisory and leadership abilities for project team
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills,
exhibit initiative and be a team player supportive of division and
company objectives and culture.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, The Toro Company
delivers innovation through a surprising array of products. Since 1914,
our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for
their outdoor landscapes. An excellent reputation, strong brands,
ethical business practices, and a culture founded on trust and respect
are ideals shared by our employees. With annual revenue of $2.0 billion,
Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market
leadership. More than 5,000 global employees form a strong community
with a world of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Ideas and ideals. That’s life at Toro.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.