You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Wells Fargo’s Corporate Policy Office supports policy development and communication across the company. The individual in this role provides communications advice and expertise to policy management teams, consulting with them to promote greater clarity and editorial and structural consistency across policies, standards, and procedures company-wide.
The individual filling this role will support policy development and communication activities in collaboration with corporate and business risk managers who are accountable for Wells Fargo policies.
The communications consultant will work broadly across the organization with risk management and business managers to develop and structure policy and related documentation. This individual is responsible for:
- Collaborating with policy development teams and providing consultation throughout policy development, review, and approval to ensure the policy and related documents clearly define expectations and requirements and that implementation instructions are clear and actionable
- Ensuring that policy documents align with common standards for communicating risk management concepts and practices, that concepts are consistent across policies where possible, and that documents meet Wells Fargo brand and communication standards
- Advising policy development teams on communication strategies to support policy review and implementation
- Supporting policy development teams in analyzing policy feedback throughout the review and implementation process and recommending ways to incorporate changes into the policy and related documentation
- Working with policy development teams to migrate content to the Policy Management System, publish in the Policy Library, and help to maintain thereafter
- Identifying and recommending ways to improve understanding of policy objectives through document design, and content organization
- Managing the Policy Communication Schedule to help regulate the number of policy changes delivered to the businesses at any given time
- Maintaining the Policy Communication Schedule and Policy Status Report to inform risk and business managers of pending policy changes and implementation plans
- Creating presentations and other communication materials, as requested, to support policy management initiatives
- 6+ years of communications experience
- Experience writing and editing internal communications and training-related materials in a corporate environment or financial institution
- Knowledge and understanding of writing, editing, coordinating, and publishing sensitive documentation
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of maintaining and updating SharePoint team web content
- BS/BA or higher in English, journalism, professional writing, creative writing, education, or communications
- Proficiency in applying commonly used communication style guides such as the Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook, and the Gregg Reference Manual
- Previous policy communication experience
- Familiarity with the Wells Fargo Style Guide and Brand Standards
offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state
and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.