The Marketing Associate supports the Field Marketing Manager and Coordinator in the successful acquisition of new Zipcar members while increasing local revenue and member engagement both in the field and in the office. This individual plays a key role as the face of Zipcar to the public and whose focus will be primarily on the acquisition of new members through a variety of channels and tactics. This position will spend the majority of his/her time in the field. This is an hourly, entry-level position in which you can start your career with Zipcar!
- Acts as the primary Zipcar liason for all field member acquisition and engagement work.
- Assists Marketing Coordinator in planning and overseeing all on-site event logistics. Ensures successful event planning and activation. Organizes resources and materials, attends events, performs setup/break down, acts as brand point of contact during events.
- Proactively and effectively educates the public about Zipcar in order to drive membership growth at local events. Addresses member questions to foster brand loyalty and utilization. Serves as the face of the Zipcar brand at all times.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator in sourcing & initiating innovative partnerships with like-minded organizations to drive acquisition of new members, drive local revenue, and/or engage with member base.
- Tracks and measures event performance. Consistently submits detailed, accurate and thoughtful reporting data through provided tools.
- Actively generates leads. Gathers business/government sales and partnership leads while in the Field for the Zipcar for Business team.
- Under direction of Marketing Coordinator, engages, manages, and ensures that the Zipcar DC social media presence is active, on-brand, and relevant.
- 4-year degree in marketing or related field; 1 year relevant experience with field marketing and event planning
- Salesmanship – demonstrate the value propositions of Zipcar to different audiences, including corporate and government clients, and often in a public setting. As a plus, you have experience in leading and motivating others to do the same.
- Flexible schedule – This position is full-time (40 hours/week) but will not work standard “9-to-5” hours. You should have a flexible schedule to accommodate frequent weekend and evening duties.
- The Marketing Associate is a field-based role. You should be comfortable working outside of an office, but also able to maintain professionalism and thrive in an office environment.
- Interpersonal skills – You work well with others, communicate effectively with those around you and remain open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication – You speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills.
- Written communication – You edit your work for spelling and grammar and present numerical data effectively. You are able to present your message clearly and are able to interpret written information from others.
- You prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Quality control – You hold yourself to a high standard of quality. You have a discerning palate and you pay attention to the details that make the difference between pretty good and remarkable.
- Adaptability – You know that change is inevitable, and you thrive in an environment where every day is a new adventure with new opportunities and have the flexibility to try new things.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and to carry collateral materials and displays.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic internet tools.
- Must pass Zipcar driving check, background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Local market knowledge – You know Washington, DC well, down to understanding of different neighborhood personalities.
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package, including a 401(k) plan with company match
- Free Zipcar Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more