The Marketing Communication Specialist will plan, create and implement marketing communications projects and activities related to the sales and promotion of company products in a consistent, efficient and cost effective manner. This position will take an active role in the budgeting, planning, scheduling, and tactical execution of marketing campaigns.
- Work in conjunction with product marketing and sales to plan, develop, coordinate, and monitor marketing campaigns for assigned value streams and product launches.
- Evaluate existing advertisements, create new ads as needed, identify the most effective advertising opportunities and appropriately places ads to effectively promote TSI’s products and messages.
- Work with Business Directors and Product Managers to determine spending budget by product line for advertising, trade shows, collateral materials, etc. Develop and maintain the marketing budgets throughout the year.
- Develop messaging and write press releases as part of a public relations campaign to gain consistent recognition and understanding in the market.
- Plan and develop booth designs, layouts, graphics, and supporting materials as needed to produce, maintain, coordinate and support trade show exhibits.
- Work with product marketing to develop positioning, messaging and write copy for marketing materials, including emails, newsletters, data sheets, brochures, application notes, etc.
- Maintain the company website including search engine optimization, organic searches, sponsorships, and writing copy for the website.
- Advise Graphic Designers on design and layout to meet TSI graphic standards and ensures consistency of messages and brand through all communications globally.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing required.
- 0 - 5 years’ experience in corporate marketing communications required
- Experience working with complex, high tech products desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic marketing communications principals and best practices.
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ERP system (SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, or similar).
- General understanding of electronic communications media
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Strong Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage varied and simultaneous projects
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other teams within organization
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
May be required to travel to tradeshows or other company events.