Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Proactively develops and maintains favorable relationships with media and journalists in the communities in which we do business.
- Represents the organization at public gatherings or forums and serves as a spokesperson to the media representing the company and its products.
- Supports and engages with corporate social media initiatives, specifically as it relates to SUPERVALU and its corporate brand.
- Leads and directs resources allocated for external PR agency support, including managing the external relationship and assigning work projects to the agency team.
- Oversees media and social media monitoring platforms and provides updates as necessary to company leadership to ensure brand and company reputation are thoughtfully managed.
- Builds company brand through proactive media and public relations strategies focused on positive coverage and awareness for our business, products, services and leaders.
- Works closely with SUPERVALU’s marketing and digital teams to provide media/PR support for all appropriate marketing and digital initiatives.
- Assists in content development for SUPERVALU’s corporate website(s); maintains close relationship with SUPERVALU’s key business leaders/editorial team to ensure website is fresh, robust and engaging.
- Maintains a close working relationship with executive team in Wholesale, Retail, Professional Services and Private Brands to develop communication strategy regarding key projects and initiatives.
- Leads and develops internal and external broadcast video and audio segments that support positive brand, product and leader awareness to key SUPERVALU stakeholders.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field required.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in communications and/or public relations.
- Excellent creative ability.
- Excellent abilities in planning, writing, editing, video production, and communications technology skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a high pressure environment, working in a strong team environment.
- Strategic AND tactical thinker, able to lead teams throughout the organization to effective and efficient communications solutions.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in use of Microsoft programs.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or other video editing software a plus.
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.