At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… As the world’s leading chemical company, BASF produces an incredible variety of products for a wide range of consumer industries - for example the automotive, construction, and food industries. Of course, this offers a vast number of opportunities for marketing professionals. Our marketing teams act as a link between BASF and the global market, with its ever-changing demands. Reacting to these changes quickly and efficiently requires market transparency. In marketing, you are responsible for product and industry segments and consolidate BASF’s global market leadership in close collaboration with our sales teams in the business units. The Tradeshow and Events Specialist (1602259) will be part of the North American Construction Chemicals business and will be based in Minneapolis, MN, reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager - Americas. The Trade Show and Events Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of corporate tradeshows, customer-facing events and employee conferences to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and event objectives. The focus will be on external, customer-facing events and trade shows and the Trade Show and Events Specialist will counsel BASF employees on the internal meeting/event process and occasionally manage high-profile internal meetings. Formula for Success: You …Will General:
- Ensure that all tradeshows and events are planned and executed in accordance with BASF policy, branding guidelines and Code of Ethics.
- Prioritize health and safety of attendees throughout the planning and execution of all events and shows.
- Generate timely communications with trade show/event attendees, staff and stakeholders, to ensure all event objectives and requirements are understood, and attendee concerns are addressed.
- Maintain a detailed tradeshow and events calendar. Travel to and support onsite execution and management of key tradeshows and events, including show set-up and take-down, as needed.
- Track expenses and perform timely financial reconciliation for each show or event.
- Collaborate with marketing to determine show selection and objectives; manage registration, exhibitor services, company presence, staffing and marketing initiatives at each trade show, pre and post event marketing, marketing materials, and shipping.
- Work with third party vendors to book booth and event space, create on-line registration pages and badges, manage housing, send exhibition material from the third party vendor warehouse, return exhibition materials to the warehouse, and manage creative assets.
- Ensure timely processing of show leads and distribution to sales force.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of tradeshow/event materials including but not limited to tradeshow booths, sales collateral, and promotional items. Evaluate and recommend portable trade show properties based on business needs.
- Calculate a budget for each proposed event, identify potential locations and venues, conduct site visits as necessary and make recommendation on location and venue.
- Work with third party vendors to negotiate contracts, book event space, create on-line registration pages and badges, manage housing, select menus and arrange transportation for attendees if needed.
- Recommend and develop activities to support event objectives, arranging the schedule, identifying speakers and other service vendors, creating and distributing marketing materials (invitations, flyers, advertisements, etc.)
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field preferred), with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing various sized trade shows, meetings and events.
- Industry certification in tradeshow or meeting & event management preferred.
- Experience in managing outside agencies and vendors required.
- Demonstrable strong communications skills. Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and various online registration software.
- High initiative, self-starter with strong project management skills and proven ability to prioritize and manage workload in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts required.
- Demonstrated success at interacting effectively with all levels of an organization and outside agencies.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Knowledge and experience in best practices in trade show and event management.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and with minimum direction.
- Robust attention to the details without losing sight of overall strategy.
- Ability to travel up to 25-35% of the time, but the number of days traveled each month will vary.