We are hiring a Brand/Marketing Communications Specialist to work within our Marketing Communications Team supporting our Restorative Therapies Group (RTG). You will be responsible for delivering marketing communications tactics that generate awareness, influence behavior and drive adoption of assigned therapies. You will also be responsible for collaborating with product and therapy marketing teams to create effective, customer-centric communications that advance business objectives and deliver results. This role will work closely and build strong relationships with peers in RTG Communications.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand/Marketing Communications, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for the following:
• Develop and implement integrated marketing communication tactics that facilitate the achievement of business objectives in support of promotional initiatives.
• Act as brand steward and support efforts in creating on-brand positioning, messaging, strategies and tactics for assigned therapies/products.
• Partner with therapy/product marketing colleagues to ensure the successful development and execution of tactics that are cost effective and produce measurable results.
• Manage projects, budgets and vendors to ensure the timely, cost-effective delivery of high-quality, on-brand work.
• Collaborate with peers in RTG Communications to continuously make adjustments or recommend enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job or the business function.
• Communicate across functions to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input and support decision-making.
• Build and sustain strong, collaborative relationships with business partners, and peers in functions including Legal, Clinical, Regulatory, and Marketing.
• Ensure relevant approval processes are understood and implemented in accordance with the quality system.
• Other duties as necessary to promote the business objectives of RTG Communications, Marketing and Medtronic as a whole.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years experience in Marketing or Communications role (1 year with Masters)
• Experience in developing business to business and business to consumer marketing communications tactics/programs, using multiple channels, including digital/social media.
• Project management
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Marketing, Communciations or Journalism
• Experience managing budgets and outside resources.
• Knowledge of RTG therapies.
• Experience with medical technology/medical device industry
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.