Essential Job Functions
Develops and maintains communications resources.
- Manages resource library of photos, stories, metrics, research and other approved content for external use by Scholarship America staff.
- Tracks departmental budget system and provides monthly updates.
- Provides support and guidance to vendors, partners and staff regarding brand guidelines and the use of Scholarship America’s style guide, key messages and communications requirements.
- Provides search, tracking, reporting and inventory of Scholarship America trademark programs.
- Manages the distribution of public relations and all marketing and communications materials.
Develops content and communications tools as part of departmental work plan.
- Works closely with Marketing team members to gather, create and produce/post content for various Scholarship America stakeholder communications, including newsletters, brochures, blog posts, email campaigns, ebooks, fact sheets, and corporate items.
- Writes content for various communications projects including press releases, web articles, Dollars for Scholars affiliate newsletters (print and digital), and 1-2 monthly blog posts.
- Proactively works with Marketing team and other departments to identify audiences, and deliver content and materials, and other communications and marketing supports as needed.
- Occasionally works with vendors and consultants engaged to help create and produce campaigns and materials.
Supports graphic design, digital content and production.
- Works closely with Marketing team members to provide design support for Scholarship America’s communications materials, including newsletters, invitations, signage, reports, fact sheets and brochures.
- Works with Marketing team members on various social media activities, such as Facebook and Twitter updates.
- Backs up Digital Marketing Manager on website content management, email campaigns and related metrics tracking/reporting.
Supports special events and constituent relations.
- Responds to user-generated questions and comments on social media sites.
- Coordinates elements of the annual awards dinner in Washington DC.
- Coordinates student engagement program for Scholarship America’s Dream Award recipients, including participating in social media outreach, coordinating the annual student experience day in Washington DC, and other regular student communications.
- Supports constituent feedback and survey process for various audience segments of Scholarship America.
- Assists with internal communications support, including staff event support, content and committee participation.
- Assists with conference support, including creating/editing/proofing presentations and coordinating shipping and supply of materials.
- Fulfills constituent-specific requests as directed.
Functions Required of All Scholarship America Positions
- Adheres to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field (communications, English, journalism, public relations). 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities; able to communicate clearly.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, proactive problem-solver.
- Desire and ability to collaborate with team members and colleagues from multiple departments at all levels of organization.
- Ability to represent Scholarship America to outside constituents.
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites, Wordpress (or comparable CMS); proficiency in social media and digital marketing.
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Interest in the mission of Scholarship America and passionate about advancing its cause.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Open Until Filled