The Travel and Events Coordinator supports the success of our customer and internal marketing promotional endeavors through the successful execution of all planning and coordination related to FMP’s customer and employee events, races, training, open houses and/or meetings for the FMP organization. Additionally, he/ she is responsible for all aspects of successful event execution, and serves as primary vendor liaison and contract administrator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the successful event planning and execution for corporate
and regional events, as assigned. Duties include venue recommendations
and selection, meal and hotel planning, rental and security, required
travel arrangements, technology needs and alike.
- Identify fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations for proper planning of regional events.
- Coordinates procurement activities related to the events and
stays within budgetary guidelines provided for such events. Responsible
and accountable for accurate invoicing, payment, and reconciliation of
- Negotiates agreements with outside vendors and subcontractors
to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service and secures
management approvals before proceeding. Engages management in
negotiations of larger events as appropriate.
- Develops and disseminates the related marketing/event
communications and collateral including pre-and post-communications to
stakeholders and participants including memos, overview documents,
brochures or other marketing collateral, logistical instructions,
shipping details, etc. Communicates via mail, email, conference calls,
and website or through other electronic media and is mindful of the most
efficient, cost effective and appropriate means of dissemination of the
- Leads and coordinates the activities of event-assigned personnel and outside subcontractors and/or contracted vendors.
- Maintains and provides monthly updates to Event Calendar for Marketing team and Leadership.
- Keeps management apprised of any concerns regarding marketing
expenses or trends versus budgets. Provide feedback to Finance in annual
event planning budget process or as requested as to projected fiscal
requirements and any recommendations as to changes
or additions to historical events or meetings.
- Responsible for proper utilization of internal online tools for
program and event creation, implementation, and registration and
provides training as to their proper use as needed.
- Acts as liaison with Company’s Travel Agency. Maintains and is
resource for hotel negotiated contracts and rates, airline group travel
rates and contracts, rental car contracts and maintains databases
related to each regional hotel list along with posting
database for reviews yearly.
- Maintains Internal Travel Website including Q & A’s and
other matters related to company travel or as instructed by Controller.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Incentives Processors the sourcing, pricing, fulfillment, communication and billing, associated with the use of the FMP company store.
An industry leader, FMP offers a well-balanced compensation and benefits programs, including medical, dental, life, 401K with match, profit sharing, paid holidays/vacation/sick time + much more. Salary is based on experience and job performance.
If you are ready for a new destination, we would like to hear from you. Please visit our website www.factorymotorparts.com to apply online!
Drug screen and background check administered as a condition of employment.
We are an EEOC/AA Employer. Stay in touch! Be alerted when a job posting matches your qualifications or interest by joining Our Talent Network!
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.