Title: Communications Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communication’s
Location: St. Paul, MN
Status: Full-Time, 1.0FTE (40 hours per week), and Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO and EST to name a few!
We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and flexible communicator to join our Marketing and Communications team.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Marketing Communications team in ensuring that communications and campaigns are effectively coordinated and managed for Innovative Blood Resources and its divisions in Minnesota and Nebraska. The individual in this position will create content and manage through to publication and distribution, internal employee communications, external communications and campaigns, and other marketing and publicity materials. The Communications Coordinator will also assist in other marketing and communications activities, including donor engagement and community events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate and manage internal communications:
Working with the Community Outreach Manager, develop, write, edit, and manage to distribution internal communications for Innovative Blood Resources. This will include writing internal employee communications (Organizational Updates), supporting certain human resources communication needs, newsletters, talking points, overviews of outreach campaigns, and other projects.
Assist in managing external communications:
Working with the Marketing Communications team create content, and manage to production external communications. This includes newsletters, news releases and other publicity materials, proposals or reports, campaign or promotional summaries.
Assist in managing project intake and traffic for the Marketing Communications, Development and Volunteer Services team. This may include working with Marketing team members and subject matter experts from other departments to ensure projects are being worked and deadlines are met.
Additional duties as needed and as the position evolves.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications preferred or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing communications or related field and preferably applicable experience working for a non-profit healthcare organization.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit a sample of their writing at any point during the interview process.
- Must be self-motivated and able to initiate, manage and complete projects.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills required.
- Public relations / media relations experience preferred.