Job Title: Digital Content and Video Specialist
Position Overview: The Digital Content and Video Specialist serves Saint Mary's University of Minnesota—a university that spans multiple locations, offers numerous undergraduate and graduate programs, and utilizes a variety of delivery modalities. The individual is a skilled digital content and video specialist who works within the Marketing and Communication team as a key contributor to the university website, social media, and other digital communications to positively affect the university’s goals for enrollment, fundraising, and alumni engagement. Collaborates with staff, faculty, and students throughout the university to create compelling content that conveys the Saint Mary’s brand. The person who fills this role will be creative, strategic, detail-oriented, and able to communicate with various audiences, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
This position is located on our Twin Cities Campus in Minneapolis and is expected to travel to our Winona Campus and other locations periodically for video shoots. Reports to the Director of Strategic Marketing.
- Plan, shoot, produce, and distribute videos for a variety of projects universitywide to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Capture original video/audio on location and in the field at university events, in classrooms, and elsewhere. Repurpose video, b-roll, and stills from past projects as necessary.
- Keep abreast of modern digital communication platforms and execute video and audio storytelling to reach our various audiences where they are (web, social media, and in person).
- Measure results and provide reports showing video storytelling success on the web and in social media.
- Convey the Saint Mary’s brand, communicate brand key messages, and adhere to standards and identity guidelines.
- Manage the university’s video/audio assets from current and past projects by staff members or vendor-partners.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative, and professional work environment.
Essential Functions and Skills:
- Experience with and knowledge of videography, photography, and audio techniques and tools for effective and compelling storytelling combining imagery, sounds, and words.
- Creativity and know-how to capture, tell, and distribute stories digitally.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer hardware and software programs pertaining to videography, distribution, and audience analysis.
- Ability to set priorities and complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Critical-thinking skills to solve problems paired with creativity to achieve desired university outcomes.
- Desire to learn, willingness to adapt, and able to remain calm under deadline pressure, manage processes, and collaborate with others.
- Exhibit skills in organization, communication, and time management, as well as have a commitment to customer service.
- Understanding of marketing and branding and the ability to articulate and execute creative that produces return on investment in the areas of lead generation for enrollment and fundraising.
- Model best practices and continually adapt to utilize new technologies.
- Ability to quickly sift through new and previously captured video, b-roll, and photographs to tell the story of Saint Mary’s people and places in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel from Minneapolis-based office to other university locations, including Winona and Rochester, Minn., as needed.
- Familiarity with and an appreciation of the value of a private liberal arts education.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (marketing, communication, art, technology).
- Experience with videography, editing/production, and distribution—1-3 years.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Strong working knowledge of professional videography, photography, and audio equipment, Mac and PC computer hardware and software programs for videography and photography, including Creative Suite, iCloud, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop. Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, and Gmail, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Experience with and knowledge of a variety of web and social media tools and platforms, such as YouTube, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, and podcasts, and willingness to keep abreast of technology trends.
- Preferred: Experience with marketing analysis and ecommunication strategies as well as website editing.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Marketing.
- Letter of interest, resume, references (3), samples of work (3)
Apply online now.