It Starts With A Spark
We are Sparkhouse, the ecumenical division of 1517 Media. The mission of Sparkhouse is to spark new life in Christian communities. The Sparkhouse team develops innovative faith formation resources for kids, youth, and adults through design thinking, innovation, collaboration, and creativity. We are seeking a Social Media Specialist to actively monitor and engage with our congregational communities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. We’re seeking an individual who is actively engaged within their own social media presence and can bring a level of expertise in this subject matter as it relates to content development and community engagement. This position will elevate Sparkhouse from an infrequent user to a deeply social media-engaged organization leveraging multiple social media channels and tools. In addition, this role will monitor social activity using analytics tools and provide recommendations based on results.
Create & Inspire
The Social Media Specialist will:
- Develop and implement social media strategies and plans.
- Upload new posts, review content and reply to comments, questions and messages.
- Keep up to date on the latest trends while maintaining all Sparkhouse social media.
- Measure and report on social media effectiveness.
- Create on-going community sentiment analysis, insight and recommendations.
Seeking Social Media Specialists With:
- The ability to think creatively and to apply best practices to Sparkhouse social media tactics.
- Experience in creating and deploying social media tactics.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- The ability to work in an environment of change, seeking continuous improvement, and industry leadership.
- Skills in using personal computers and related software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and contact management software.
- Strong proofreading and time-management skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in PR, journalism, social engagement, digital communications, strategic communications or closely related field.
- 1-3 years of experience working within the social/digital space.
- Activity on social media including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- A commitment to 1517 Media and Sparkhouse’s mission, vision, and values.
The Social Media Specialist works closely with the marketing, design, product development, and sales and service teams, and reports to the Director of Marketing, Congregational. The Social Media Specialist also builds and maintains relationships with the Sparkhouse community, and maintains external relationships with vendors and freelance staff.
Please include all social media handles in your application submission along with your resume, cover letter, and references list. Apply using the specified link.