Carlson Hotels, a global company operating seven hotel brands including Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson seeks a Communications Senior Specialist. The Communications Senior Specialist works with the corporate communications team on shaping and executing communications strategies that support Carlson Hotels overall business objectives and drive performance. The role will provide effective internal and external communications services to various functions and brands within Carlson Hotels.
The individual in this position needs to be a highly-motivated self-starter who is able to promote the Carlson Hotels family of brands, individual hotel properties as well as Carlson Hotels executives in a favorable and honest light to external and internal audiences. These audiences include, but are not limited to, the news media, franchisees and employees. The position requires the ability to translate these communications from an internal audience to an external audience and vice versa.
The position requires the ability to strategize effectively and proactively communicate with external and internal audiences to gather and disseminate information. Exceptionally strong writing and proofreading skills are required as well as the ability to project manage while working to meet tight deadlines in an ever changing and fast paced environment.
- Work with the corporate communications team to develop detailed processes, schedules and messages for communicating hotel signings, hotel openings, brand announcements, executive appointments and other corporate news both internally and externally.
- Meet with brands and functions to mine and gather newsworthy information that can be shared both internally and externally
- Create, write and disseminate news releases as well as supporting press materials like FAQ documents, talking points and fact sheets.
- Adapt external news for internal audiences and communications vehicles including company intranet site and digital video screens.
- Field and vet requests from media on behalf of brands, hotel properties and executives. Create media interview briefing documents and coordinate media interviews. Follow up with media to ensure accurate and timely coverage.
- Proactively seek out media and award opportunities for brands, hotel properties and executives.
- Conduct research, analysis and forecasting of emerging issues and trends. Monitor industry news and media coverage surrounding Carlson Hotels brand and executives.
- Develop key market media lists and keep industry trade contacts lists up to date.
- Create media coverage reports, presentations and communications collateral.
- Update and maintain content within corporate and brand newsrooms.
- Partner with team members to support logistics and execution of internal town hall meetings, franchise conferences and media events.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- 5-7 years of experiences in a corporate or agency setting
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Can work independently and within teams
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong background in news writing, media relations, reporting and project management
- Knowledge and interest in social media and influencer outreach as well as social collaboration tools