At Coborn's, Inc., we go all out to “Be Remarkable.” Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We’re growing, learning, and overflowing with energy. In a dynamic atmosphere that welcomes diversity, we are investing in our employees, along with the growth of our company. Imagine your career potential in this amazing opportunity!
Coborn's, Inc. is a fast-growing employee-owned grocery retailer located the Midwest. Our grocery store formats include Coborn's, Cash Wise and Save-A-Lot stores and we offer unique online grocery home delivery services through our CobornsDelivers and Cash Wise Delivers locations. Coborn's Inc. also owns and operates liquor stores under the Coborn's Liquor, Cash Wise Liquor, Payless Liquor, and Captain Jack's brands. Additionally, our fuel and convenience division, in-house grocery warehouse and distribution center, in-house Central Bakery, and Tops Cleaners are significant assets to our operations. We also have a handful of other retail entities in the markets where the fit is right: Little Dukes, Holiday Stationstores, Ace Hardware, Caribou Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, and Subway. Our remarkable employees strive to inspire happiness, healthy living and simplicity for each guest at our stores. With a vibrant work environment, ongoing opportunities for career growth, and generous benefits packages for both full-time and part-time employees, Coborn's offers a bright future for all employee owners.
EEO/AA Employer - All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Communication and Engagement Specialist is the face of the company and the champion of employee engagement. You will be the subject matter expert on all things communication and engagement, inspiring our employees to Be Remarkable and engaging our Guests through fun, friendly, eye catching communications while promoting Coborn’s mission, vision, and values and leading initiatives that deliver against company objectives, department goals, and the company’s brand.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- is an energetic and flexible communications guru with strong creative, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills;
- has experience managing communication between the organization and various media outlets through press releases, media events, and broadcasts. has experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing;
- will have demonstrated creativity and proven immersion in Social Media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios to drive engagement and lead generation;
- possesses a detailed knowledge of enterprise social media best practices, as well as metrics and benchmark with which to measure effectiveness;
- is able to work with both internal and public facing guests;
- is self-motivated and possesses excellent organization, planning, and time management skills; works well with all levels of leadership and works with cross-functional teams; and is able to multi-task across multiple projects with varying deadlines.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred. Must be able to travel regionally and locally up to 30% of the time and work outside of normal business hours.