The Communications Specialist will report to a Public Relations Manager.
- Find and build relationships with bloggers, social media influencers, website owners and higher education journalists/reporters.
- Promote content through social media platforms and other forms of outreach to support SEO initiatives.
- Research and vet potential content partners; participate in content brainstorming sessions by sharing content ideas.
- Collaborate with project leads to discuss project plans, strategies and results.
- Write or pitch articles for guest posting on various online publications.
- Develop media relations/outreach strategy for large-scale content marketing pieces.
- Write press releases and media advisories.
- Assist Public Relations Manager with local campus media pitching.
- Assist with collection and editing of media clips to archive and promote on social media.
- Monitor higher education news and trends.
- Create monthly media dashboards to distribute to key stakeholders.
- Help enterprise and research news story and interview segments ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field of study.
- 2-3 years working in communications or public relations
- Self-starter with strong communication and analytical skills.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable and confident pulling together performance reports and insights.
- Proven ability to think critically to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources.
- A commitment to maintaining the highest degree of business and personal ethics.
- Must be adept at use of MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Collegis Education is an enrollment growth management and technology services company that offers industry-leading solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and analytical approach, Collegis Education empowers education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 30,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education, please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.