We are looking for a seasoned public relations account executive or senior account executive to join our growing PR team. If you enjoy and know how to support clients through successful public relations programs and multi-platform media relations campaigns, then we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for a team member who has a passion for writing; experience and/or interest in pitching truly newsworthy client stories; and a talent for building strong client relationships. Our clients include innovative companies in the nonprofit, healthcare, consumer, food and manufacturing industries, and they are eager to share their work with larger audiences. If you have a natural interest and experience in doing just that, coupled with solid organizational and interpersonal skills, then you may be a great fit with our collaborative team. To be considered, send your resume, cover letter, salary requirement and at least two writing samples (please include at least one news release) to Anne.Schopen@russellherder.com.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
As an essential member of our team, you will help lead and execute public relations strategies and tactics across multiple accounts, in concert with our client services and specialist teams.
· Consistently provide the highest level of client service through proactive account management, collaborative problem solving and impeccable attention to detail.
· Contribute to the development, execution and evaluation of public relations plans for several clients.
· Engage extensively with clients and key client partners.
· Develop content for clients, including internal communications, talking points and key messages, newsletter and feature content, social media posts and more.
· Write, distribute, monitor and report on press releases.
· Proactively research, develop and execute media pitches.
· Develop influencer and media lists and foster relationships with key media.
· Maintain understanding of industry topics, issues and news relating to client accounts in order to deliver proactive and strategic insights.
· Contribute to client strategy, content and creative needs by supporting concept, research, analysis and copywriting.
· Maintain and drive deadlines on project plans.
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
· Between three to six years’ professional work experience, with agency experience highly preferred
· Required excellence and interest in written communication
· Experience engaging with clients and/or external stakeholders
· Experience, or high-level of interest in developing, media relations and pitching experience
· Some experience executing and analyzing social media campaigns and engaging with influencers
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong initiative and ability to problem solve
· Strong ability to work autonomously, managing multiple accounts and accept feedback from team members and supervisors
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
About Russell Herder
We are a collaborative agency providing market research, digital marketing, creative development, social media and public relations excellence to our clients. While we’ve proven our value in healthcare, built environment, finance and destination spaces, our drive for opportunity and accountability means we never stop evolving. We know our clients could have hired anyone, and consider it a privilege to be trusted with their reputations. Learn more about us at www.russellherder.com.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, salary requirement and at least two writing samples (please include at least one news release) to Anne.Schopen@russellherder.com.