Anchor Bank, N.A., has been helping Minnesota customers achieve financial success, one relationship at a time, since 1967. Always privately-held and family-owned, Anchor Bank has achieved its place as the largest community bank focused solely on the Twin Cities market through a solid dedication to integrity, excellence, and commitment to its customers, its employees, and the communities it serves.
Our core values can be summarized as follows:
Do the right thing.
(Be) driven to deliver.
(Have a) collaborative spirit.
(Demonstrate) a commitment to serving our customers, employees, community and shareholders.
And critical to our success is attracting the right people.
The Communication Specialist will support the development and execution of external and internal marketing/communications strategies that connect with customers, attract new business, strengthen our brand reputation and support our company’s overall marketing objectives. The Communication Specialist will serve as a trusted advisor within Anchor Bank and will collaborate and support critical external and internal marketing and communication objectives while managing risk and observing responsible lending practices.
This role contributes to projects and activities related to: building the brand, positioning of the company, products and services, and internal culture. The role will have ownership for select tasks, and be a contributor for others. The individual in this role will need to be impeccably organized and detail-oriented, be an exceptional writer, communicator and team player, and have strong pc and software (MS Office and social media, website/blog optional but preferred) skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute customer-centric communication strategies that create awareness for, and drive adoption of, our products and services.
- Identify opportunities to improve messaging and enhance consumer understanding of complex products and services.
- Write, edit and update a wide variety of content for various audiences through many different communications channels, including customer communications, employee relations, proposals, product materials, advertising and promotions, social media, and earned media.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure a compelling presentation of features and benefits in ways that resonate with our target audiences.
- Work with business partners and marketing team members to gather source information and clarify messaging points.
- Participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions.
- Proofread materials to ensure accuracy of information and consistency across materials.
- Take initiative to communicate regularly with key stakeholders to ensure projects are on track.
- Ensure initiatives are compliant and within policy.
- Execute special projects.
Communication and Internal Team Collaboration
- Use sound judgment in all communications and ensure key stakeholders are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with colleagues and external contacts. Continually seek opportunities to increase team collaboration and deepen team relationships. Foster lasting relationships with employees across the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on marketing and communication best practices, the financial services industry, and business topics.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of public relations, internal communications, media relations or corporate communications experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Professional Writing or related field required.
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Ability to master and translate complex subject matter into consumer language.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and proofreading ability.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Experience writing for a wide variety of communications channels, including web, social media, earned media, internal communications, and technical documents.
- Experience writing for B2B and B2C audiences through a variety of channels, including social and other emerging media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and adept at relating to various internal and external audiences in a consistent way. Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Business Acumen - Basic understanding of and ability to apply general business and financial concepts, basic understanding of the business, general product knowledge and ability to understand and navigate the social and/or political dynamics within the organization.
- Communication - Clear, effective, and focused written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills; solid listening skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence others.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving - Ability to make good quality decisions in a timely and decisive manner and systematically evaluate alternatives.
- Internal Customer Engagement - Displays customer focus and responsiveness, builds and maintains relationships effectively, seeks and anticipates customer needs, exceeds customer expectations.
- Self-Management - Strong time management, work prioritization, and organizational skills; detail-oriented; ability to clearly define objectives, set personal goals, and monitor progress; displays self-motivation; actively seeks feedback and adapts behavior.
- Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and abilities to be effective in the role and demonstrates commitment to continuously learn and improve these skills; seeks assignments and roles that expand or improve functional abilities; ability to perform work at a high level of volume without sacrificing quality.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated organizational savvy with ability to get buy-in from business partners.
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills and track record of successfully influencing and collaborating at various levels within the company and across business groups.
- Proven follow-through with an excellent eye for detail.
- Proven skills in guiding creative resources (both copy and design), ability to evaluate creative work and provide actionable feedback for optimal outputs and brand consistency.
- Financial acumen; financial services experience is a plus.
A successful marketing specialist will:
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate across teams to create a compelling customer experience.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to capture our brand voice to create internal and external marketing and communication programs.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to bring great ideas from inception to full execution, including measuring results.
- Demonstrate self-starter capabilities with a drive for excellence.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and tactical execution skills.
- Demonstrate excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
Anchor Bank is an EEO/AA Employer.