This is the perfect job for someone who loves the world of PR and helping clients get featured in the press but who wants to be part of something bigger, with more diversity in your day to day duties and with the opportunity to be an integral part of helping a company evolve and grow.
WHAT WE DO: goPRit is a “do-it-yourself” Public relations platform. Our clients (Who oftentimes have little PR experience) are mostly startups and small businesses who want to keep their PR in-house, we give them tools to make this possible as well as guidance.
DESCRIPTION: Your role would be multifaceted. A big part of your responsibility would lie in making sure that our clients have the information they need to be successful with their PR efforts by maintaining and updating our Knowledge Base and on-demand training videos and occasionally interacting with clients directly through Skype calls etc. The team would also draw on your PR experience to develop new ideas of how we could make our tools more effective for our clients when we make development decisions
Like most startups we are a small team so everyone takes on many roles and has the opportunity to take part in decisions that will help the company and product evolve. Beyond applying your PR expertise you might also find yourself helping with client services, sales, marketing, and client retention. Basically you will never find yourself bored in this job and will have the opportunity to learn lots of new skills and be a part of many decisions!
We are a technology company so a good understanding and love for technology is a must.
NOTE: Must have agency or freelancer experience of at least two years getting multiple clients simultaneously into the press. Paid Vacation: Yes (after three months of employment)
HOURS : (Flexible) 25-40 per week.
LOCATION: We are a remote team, you have the option to work from home or a co-working space.
- Strong desire to succeed & be able to work independently and as part of a team,
- Having a “Yes” attitude, willing to take on any task that is thrown your way,
- High level understanding of technology and the startup community,
- Effectively communicate with senior level decision makers in organizations worldwide,
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal skills; ability to patiently explain PR concepts to clients who may have no previous PR experience, and
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in the PR field pitching stories to the media for clients.
- Four year degree from an accredited university.
- Public Relations Professional: 2 years