Find Your Power (FYP) , is a startup nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower marginalized women in developing countries through resources and information sharing website and by increasing internet usage (primarily by employing local women and establishing strategic partnerships).
Mission statement: To connect women to resources and opportunity through technology.
Purpose: To empower marginalized women in developing countries by connecting them with resources and opportunity. Primarily through a resource and information sharing website, and secondarily by increasing internet usage, employing local women and establishing strategic partnerships.
Find Your Power is currently looking for a Development Event Intern to plan special events, including all planning, fundraising activities, strategies, promotions, and follow up. This intern will be responsible for planning and coordinating event details, working with team on event promotions, obtaining gift-in-kind donations for silent auctions or other special fundraising events.
- Head up planning of official organization launch party’s (in conjunction with crowdfunding campaign)
- Work with team on promotional efforts for special events
- Develop new and innovative fundraising plans and strategies in fundraising development to maximize participation and contributions with minimal cost
- Maintain donor database
- Help increase donations through special events and other out-of-the-box activities
- Build and maintain organization calendar for fundraising activities
- Search for and inspire new supporters to raise money
- Develop and maintain relationships with current supporters
- Report to CEO and Board, other duties required as assigned
Having relevant development experience in a non-profit organization is preferred, but a student currently studying in the field will also be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree—preferably in fundamental development, marketing, or related field. Current university student is also welcome to apply.
- Knowledge in nonprofit fundraising work, especially in carrying out campaigns, and establishing tools and resources
- Effective written and oral communication
- Verifiably successful experience in raising funds
- Ability to build rapport with potential and current supporters and donors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Ability to use database software and donor management/fundraising software
- Ability to build written documents, reports, brochures and letter with minimal oversight
- Proficiency in communicating via social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail-oriented team player having the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Special attention will be given to candidates with a desire to empower women, work with an international team, and to learn more about international nonprofits. Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a developing country or who has specifically been to South Africa would be especially fitting. This position could turn into a part-time or full-time paid position.
Location and Hours:
- May work from home but required to attend a weekly meeting and possibly others, as necessary.
- Own car is not required, but must have access to reliable transportation and be able to get to different locations, if necessary.
- Must be able to work during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00 pm. Hours will vary depending on individual’s schedule and availability.
- Length of service, 3 to 6 months (flexible) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
To apply email resume and brief cover letter to Ivy Kaminsky
Job Type: Internship
- Marketing: 1 year
- Event Planning: 1 year