Mortenson is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Manager with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing, deadline driven environment; remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
In this role the Marketing Communications Manager will support all marketing and communications efforts for the Solar Operating Group, from awareness of business needs to guiding solutions with insights to nurturing the sales cycle from initial education through purchase. Also achieving preference for our brand, to repeat business and ultimately to customer advocacy.
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
The manager is an important part of the team, as this role is responsible for positioning our services and equipping the business development and construction team members to successfully interact with targeted customers, from 1:1 meetings to speaking engagements to social media posts.
Core activities include:
- Securing projects through a competitive proposal process
- Produce proposals and presentations by facilitating interaction between business development, design phase managers and construction executives to guarantee the timeliness and quality of each stage of development to completion
- Produce high quality proposal and presentation content that distinguishes Mortenson
- Act as principal coordinating lead and editor of all proposals
- Create and maintain efficient marketing processes, record keeping systems and historical information library
- Internal/External Content & Events
- Develop and manage internal communication plans and vehicles such as regular newsletters, annual meeting, and signage
- Create communications to augment customer interaction and events including exhibitions, customer meetings, print collateral, advertising, publicity, awards, website content, social media, email and other channels as needed
- Coordinate with multiple functions within the operating group (Marketing, Business Development, Estimating, Design Phase, Operations, and more) to effectively create compelling stories of differentiation within the markets we serve
- SalesEnablement through Content
- Mapping customer decision-making paths (in partnership with strategic marketer)
- Developing customer persona's/profiles for key segments
- Identifying the best tactics to achieve desired position with each segment
- Partnering with manager to develop cohesive integrated marketing programs/budget to achieve business goals
- Including: public relations, website, feature articles, social media, videos, advertising and other mediums
- Measuring results of programs, documenting learning, and driving continuous improvement
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- B2B experience required
- 6-8 years of experience in content marketing and customer journey mapping
- Strong business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Problem-solving capability
- Renewable energy or professional services industry experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Communications or Business or relevant degree
- Advanced to Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.