3M is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist for the Medical Key Accounts organization located in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Marketing Communications Specialist – Medical Key Accounts will be responsible for internal and external strategy, planning and execution on behalf of this dynamic organization. We’re looking for a creative and versatile team player who will bring new ideas to engage Health Care Leaders.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and executes comprehensive integrated communication plans that are aligned with marketing strategies and programs.
- Coordinates Trade Show activities such as defining booth specifications & graphics, managing vendor registration and shipping literature / product samples to event.
- Manages the execution of communications through a variety of approaches (online, video, social media, etc.).
- Consults with internal clients to understand their communication needs, creates content and support communications. Crafts key messages and compelling internal and external communications. Makes complex subject matter easy to understand, especially for global audiences.
- Partners cross-functionally with colleagues to ensure alignment of communication execution and goal attainment. Recommends and manages project plans with external agency/vendor partners for delivery of select marketing or communication tactics.
- Establishes and manages annual budget for assigned areas; recommends resource allocations to meet communication objectives. Ensures production of deliverables consistent with communication strategy and plan, with measurable impact on the organization's results.
- Develops and recommends measurement techniques to assess results of projects and campaigns. Measures, analyzes and reports results.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of marketing communications experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience planning trade shows
- Master’s degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, and/or Public Relations from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Corporate, HR, internal or Business Communications experience
- Communications/marketing campaign management software/tools experience
- Strong PowerPoint presentations development skills
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial skills including: grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to translate strategic plan into execution through detailed tactical Communication Plan
- Ability to translate complex material into engaging communications
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to develop solid working relationships in a matrix organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.