Day-to-day duties of the Media Relations Intern include researching, compiling media lists, developing pitch angles and administrative duties. Interns are given a close look at how to pitch, produce and secure top media placements in broadcast, magazine and digital media. The internship is a paid part-time position, up to 24 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong social media proficiency and ability to develop engaging content for social media channels
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Minimum GPA 3.0
Spotlight Media Relations is a public relations agency with offices in New York and Minneapolis-St.Paul.Our specialty is generating high-impact media placements for our clients in consumer media with an emphasis on both broadcast media and data-driven editorial feature content. Current clients include national beauty, fashion, health/wellness and lifestyle brands and experts.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume, cover letter and optional writing sample to Lauren Bettenga at email@example.com.