We’re looking for someone to take everything they’ve learned to a whole new level of doing in support of the IKEA ambition to be the leader in life at home.
ABOUT THE JOB You match IKEA home furnishing solutions to the needs and dreams of our customers.
Plan, organize, and conduct interviews and analysis of the targeted customer segment's living situations (traditional university students) through visits to on campus housing, apartments, and house-sharing arrangements. With the support of IKEA staff and resources, you collect data about life at home for the traditional college student consumer segment; data may include information about living situations, room dimensions, home furnishing needs, tastes and preferences. After collecting data, you prepare a proposal using the IKEA 'Insight to Action' work method to to increase the understanding of the local market segment in the IKEA Twin Cities retail store, enabling staff to take action and create inspirational solutions relevant to the segment's needs and desires.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Create a proposed marketing strategy for recruitment of respondents from the targeted market segment for interviews and observations of living situations
- Utilize the IKEA software to prepare interview teams for conducting home visits; establishing relevant interview questions, you coordinate with the IKEA Business partners to arrange for staff and resources to conduct the visit
- Communicate and prepare the respondent for the interviews and observations; support the team in the home visit interview and observations by collecting data and insights
- Compile the findings from interviews and observations and compare to relevant market data to create data trends. Provide analysis to store business partners for quick insights.
- Identifying trends and priorities within the segment, you transfer the learnings gathered from the home visit interviews to your IKEA business partners
- Communicate the home furnishing needs and desires in the targeted living situation through a formal presentation and written proposal to aid the IKEA business partners in developing relevant solutions in the local market
- You are working towards a degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration or a related field of study
- You have experience conducting research, interviewing research subjects, documenting observations, and preparing and delivering project presentations
- You have a strong interest in and knowledge of home furnishings, living situations, and the consumer/buyer in the purchase decision
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
PAID INTERNSHIP Targeted start dates: April 15 or April 29, 2017Anticipated weekly scheduled hours range:
- up to 20 hours weekly from position start through May
- up to 30 hours weekly from May through internship completion July/August
Your Total Rewards Offer includes:
- 15% discount for product purchase
- Subsidized monthly mass transit
- Training and development
- the opportunity be involved in community projects that are People+Planet positive
- Other perks such as Pet insurance